Monday 24 December 2007

Christmas Eve

In my kitchen, defrosting on a plate, is an Oakham Chicken, guaranteed succulent. British seasonsed chipolata sausages and red cabbage with red onion and redcurrant jelly. There is bread sauce in the fridge and potatoes in the cupboard ready to be roasted in olive oil, pillow cases on the children's doors and presents ready to go under the tree.


On Boxing day there will be ham in Norfolk and stuffing, apricot and rosemary. My parents house will be laden down with food like a merchants ship, stored in cupboards, upstairs drawers and in the conservatory, which doubles like a large kitchen at this time of year. Every turn to the end of the year will be marked by food as part of the voyage that is my family. I choose which parts of the voyage to take myself. A deep hearted mince pie, sherry and warm fire Happy Christmas to you.

2 comments:

Peter and Jane said...

Happy Christmas julzey, Bas, borinoco and luley. lub jane and Peteza.
Jules have discovered a cheap non dodgey Bailys over here, its dutch/Isrealy stuff and is about one 10th of the price.
Have a great boxing day in Norfolk. Hope mum and dad got their card. jane xx

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.